This next week is when my students get to let me know what worked and what didn't. I have asked for feedback along the way and it looks very promising.
My evaluation of the project is that it is doing exactly what I hoped it would. I have asked literary questions for my students to discuss. All but one student has really jumped in and worked hard on accomplishing their tasks. What is even better is that they are talking the talk and thinking about their reading and the characters and the conflicts. Reading what the students have been writing has really made my day or even week. I love it.
So it looks like we are a go for two other groups. They start the second week of May. I think my students are very excited.